October 17, 2016

Trials make you stronger!



With Grandpa the night before she left on her mission, May 2015.
Ice Cream


A mask that Derly's daughter made





Her bed that was broken and then fixed





I was in a service project making candy flowers for the relief society Friday night and we were leaving at 7:55 pm. Then Kelly, the counselour of the Relief Society said she didn't want us to leave until she could give us a glass of water. Which was out of the usual. I was there, drinking my water, when the worst person to get a phone call from called me, Presidente Rodriguez. It`s strange because when Grandma passed away, I knew it before President called. But this time, I actually had no idea. I answered and he said, ¨Good evening Hermana Park. I got the news from your mom that your Grandpa Park has passed away.¨ I was fine. I mean, he has been holding on by a thread for years, but I was also a little mad because I have been praying for this whole time that Grandpa could be there when I got home. I thought, why! Couldn't Heavenly Father just wait one month more to take him? But then through hugs from hermanas and the Spirit, I realized that it really is a happy thing. Grandpa Park lived a lot longer than he should have, and he is now happily with Grandma and his mother he hasn't seen since he was 4! The Gospel is so perfect. 

But to give you some follow up on everything Los Olivos,
We had what the "Z" family called a ¨hot lesson¨ on the Book of Mormon. They started out saying that they wanted to ¨break up with us¨ and stay in their own church and ¨just be friends¨ but ¨it`s not you it´s me¨ So we asked if they had read their Book of Mormon. They replied, but the kids...and the work...and there isn`t time. Which resulted in a hot lesson about how the only way they are going to be able to be able to have a happy, successful family would be through this church and the priesthood authority that Joseph Smith restored. Jorge left and returned with his phone and put himself a date saying, ¨I will read the entire Book of Mormon by October 28th.¨ We`re going to visit them tonight
The Familia "A". We taught only half the family this week about how knowing that the church is restored makes it possible to be sealed to their son who passed away. The sweet family of members, the Familia "B", gave them a picture of the temple. 
Hortencia is drowning in sadness for the decisions of her sons. But there is always hope through Christ. You have to put in your part and be obedient to receive blessings.
And many many more things that happened but there`s never enought time!!


I love you all! 
Hermana Park



No comments:

Post a Comment