October 3, 2016

Miracle is a 7 letter word




La Colorada Zone


1. We are 98% sure that we found an apartment. It`s in a beautiful safe condo. The owner gave us the price and we asked the zone leaders. They said that if we could lower it $60 dollars, it`s ours. We prayed and called the owner, exaplining that we`re Christians, we wont use the pool or the garage and he lowered it to the exact price the zone leaders had asked. That never happens. 
2. We prayed to know where to go and decided on visiting a recent convert. While walking to her house, we found Soledad, a woman who has brothers in Argentina who are members. She is really excited to learn about the gospel and find out why her brothers are so happy, and we are really excited to teach her and her family!
3. We were looking through future investigators we had contacted and Hna Cayambe wanted to visit someone named Magdalena. I said, ¨Are you sure? When we contacted her a couple months ago and made an appointment, she hid from us.¨ haha but Hna Cayambe is pure and innocent, and wanted to go! We ended up finding her neighbor Hortencia, who has been off the radar lately. We had a great lesson with her, her son Bryan, and her niece Claudia. They accepted the challenge to be baptized, but want to pray about it first. Great!
4. Hna Cayambe lost her agenda and as we were looking for it, the Secretary to President called and said that someone had called Presidente and had it. Who else but our good friend Mario we always see in the street. He accepted the Book of Mormon and promised to read it. Heavenly Father`s plan is so perfect. There`s a reason behind everything that happens.
5. (Not for the faint of heart) We spent a day walking visiting and contacting many people and at the end of the day I said, hey my foot hurts. I got a blister, but that doesnt stop me. The next day it turned black! haha I called my good friend Hermana Huber and she told me to stab it with a needle and drain the liquid out. What. I prayed and my good old Trompillo companion who I live with Hna Alvarez came in. She had Hna Sanchez and Hna Cabrera hold my arms down as if I was in State Hospital South and they drained out blood. I prayed because I didnt want to have to stay inside but I literally couldnt walk, and trusted in Hna Huber, who after I told her it was a blood blister she said, ¨ooh sorry. Just forget about it and it will go away!¨ and then it didnt hurt anymore. I am really grateful for my health because I do not like being locked inside the house! :) Dont worry because I`m fine!
6. We found Chachi, who is in one of the pictures with us in purple dresses, and she told us how grateful she is that we visit her. She`s alone. Is having legal problems with her ex husband. But said that she feels her faith growing. She compared it to her banana tree outside.
7. Conference was the best and I loved every minute of it! Miracle that I learned and understood every single word in the beautiful Spanish language. 

There are always miracles. Every day there are miracles. We couldn`t do this work alone. 7 is also a sad number because that is the number of weeks I have left to serve the Lord. This week I enter into my last transfer as a missionary and there is nothing that can keep me from working. Not even a blood blister. Im grateful to be Hermana Park :) and even more grateful for my Salvador Jesus Christ.

with love, Hermana Park

No comments:

Post a Comment