March 28, 2016

God is love


IT POURRRRRRRRED Thursday. Rain is fun especially when you are COMPLETELY soaked :) 


My pensionista Magui almost made me cry when she brought out chocolate cupcakes with chocolate mousse inside. My first Bolivian cupcake. She also made some canned tuna for us. The only fish we can eat!



I hope everyone had a happy Easter and all the ladies out there LOVED women's session as much as I did. I may or may not have cried during More Holiness Give Me.. But it was amazing! Every talk was on love and service. I´m so excited for General Conference this weekend.

The Easter traditions are VERY interesting. Starting Friday, none of the Catholics can leave their houses. This is part of their observance of Christ dying. They only came out around 4:00 to follow around a cross and re-enact Christ dying on the cross. All we saw were 3 teenage boys on crosses in the park, and walked a bit faster. Hardly anyone was outside (or inside...) of their houses this weekend. Everyone kind of disappeared.

As a result of Easter yesterday, no one was home. So we walked for at least 6 hours straight. We sat down on a curb to call a referral, then kept going! We had one lesson yesterday, but it was a beautiful lesson with Edith :) At the end of the day we were walking home and saw a tall, skinny man with long hair and a guitar. He gave us a thumbs up, then asked if we were Jehovah´s Witnesses or Mormons. He introduced himself as being from Chile and told us he´s visited every church and loves that we're spreading the word. He kept pointing at us, at his heart, then up and told is that GOD IS LOVE. 

Matthew 22:36-40 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? And Jesus said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

A man mistook the name Hermana for Amor yesterday and called me amor (or love) Park. I want to develop such a deep love that my name becomes Love. I love this work and especially all the people that God has trusted to my care :) We are working towards getting a family married and baptized so they can seal all their 7 children together in the temple in Cochabamba soon. I love Bolivia and Heavenly Father for giving me this beautiful opportunity to be here :) God is love, so go love someone today :)


WITH MUCH LOVE,

Hermana Park 

Last photo caption: Well, it was time for me to chop off more than 12 inches. I donated it, so that made me feel better. It´s so weird to have short hair for the first time since I was 4. (You can decide for yourself if this picture is real by looking at the date Friday...)

No comments:

Post a Comment