April 11, 2016

¿Usted es soltero?

Because I didn't take any pictures this week, here is a live feed from the internet cafe with Hermana Orozco!


Oh here´s a pic of the cute shoes I bought that came out to be about $8. I love Bolivia. 



Thank you all for every single one of your prayers. Sometimes, Hermana Orozco and I stop in the street and say, ¨Who was praying for us?¨ Really Trompillo is bursting with potential and God´s hand is in this area.

We are working with Manuel, the ward mission leader, to get Betty and Eduardo married so they can be baptized!! Their daughter Alejandra will leave for Mexico on May 2nd, but they are so close. We are also teaching their 2 cute kids, Leo and Diana. And we are softening the hearts of their 2 older kids. One of them, Eduardo (son), read the Restoration pamphlet 3 times while drinking and was taken away with the word apostasy! He loved the concept. Now if he would just stop drinking and come to church he would be a great missionary. 

This week we have been working with Elfi. She reminds me of mom. They have a pool but she never swims nor comes to church because she says she´s too lazy. hahaha (This is how she´s not like mom.) But her 20 year old son sat in with us on the lesson, and I thought, ¨Elfi has 9 kids. One time she told us one of her youngest sons has a baby, but is it THIS son?? Because I want to invite him to join the young single adults in the ward.¨ So I bluntly asked ¨Oh, hermano, ¿usted es soltero?¨ or are you single? But he, Hermana Orozco, and his mom, had a pretty good time with me saying that. We saw his mom in the plaza and she can´t stop laughing about it. They asked if Mormons are allowed to dance then kindly invited me to their pool after the mission so I can come and swim and dance with her son eewwwww. no. hahaha the people in Santa Cruz are SO hilarious. 

Marcelo is coming along! We FINALLY were able to talk to his wife and daughters. We plan on visiting them soon. Marcelo asked what more he needs to do to get baptized and then said ¨I mean, my towel is ready¨ hahaha We´re preparing him for his baptism next Saturday. And fingers crossed for Betty and her kids this Saturday, but if not, the same day!! 

There are so many people to talk about there just isnt time! The work here is wonderful! I got to buy some CUTE shoes because Hermana Orozco had to buy new shoes at a street fair of American shoes, and the member we went with said ¨HERMANA PARK, BUY SHOES BECAUSE YOULL NEVER GET THIS PERMISSION TO COME HERE AGAIN!!!¨ hahaha Everyone is so kind and no one judges me when I mess up while playing the piano or when I have to give a talk in Sacrament meeting on missionary work. I love Bolivia so much. I am so honored to be a missionary in this time! This church is true! There´s no way it isn´t. There´s no way 2 young girls could be invited into homes and convince people to read a book and pray about it and be baptized, if this church wasn´t true. 

Love, 

Hermana Park






No comments:

Post a Comment