May 2, 2016

The cold never bothered me anyway

This picture with the hermanas I live with was taken Tuesday morning, the coldest day of the week, when we were all wrapped up in blankets during our morning studies, my lips turned blue, and Hermana Huber took my oxygen levels just to make sure I wasn't going into hypothermia. 



What are the ODDS that I`d get to spend another day with Hermana Petroff in our companion exchange this week! Trompillo was her first area before she came to Tarija and was my companion! I love her!



Our hermana activity last week of eating ice cream! 


Thanks to the cold front sent from Argentina, I drank my first hot chocolate in a while (thanks mom for sending me some in December!!) It got a little chilly, and no one was out and about, but it`s okay! The sun came out yesterday!


A family we are teaching came to church yesterday! We picked up Nicolas, Maria del Carmen, and Carla and hopped in a taxi! For the first time in forever, WE MISSED taking the Sacrament! haha But at least they were there, in church, to hear the testimonies of good people like them just trying to follow Christ. Then I played an awful rendition of We are All Enlisted for the closing song with icicle hands.

Thanks to the cold weather though, we have been getting back into the mate groove. You put a bunch of herbs in a cup, pour some hot water in, and drink it through a filtered straw! I like it better this winter than the last. But things are looking up! And by looking up I mean that my bed is right next to a giant window and I could finally see stars last night! 

I hope all the mothers and mother`s mothers have a happy day and all of those who aren`t mothers but who have helped me grow! And happy birthday dad! I love you all have a great week!! See ya Sunday!!! 

Love, Hermana Park

PS. 
Our apartment is set up so that I am next to a window behind me, and the door is about 10 feet in front of me, but we must have been cleaning with windex because a bird flew in the door this morning, 6 inches away from my head and smacked into the window. Then it flapped its wings on me as I screamed and then it flew back out the door. Thankfully, that is the most scared I have been in the mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment