November 23, 2015

The grave hath no victory and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ


Her last photo with Grandma Park on the day Emily was set apart as a missionary, May 18, 2015


Well, it's never a good sign to see the mission president's name on your phone. But when the call came I knew what it was. Happy that grandma is now free from her pain. I was reading today in True to the Faith and I really liked the part that says "the only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life." When President called he said "I know you've got a big day planned today, but you'll get a little more help from grandma today." 

One of my favorite scriptures that I have never been able to apply until now is in Mosiah 16:8, "But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ." I know that grandma is so happy right now and I am so grateful to have the gospel to know that there is life after this! What a comforting reassurance it is that we have the Plan of Salvation. She was "received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where [grandma] shall rest from all [her] troubles and care, and sorrow." (Alma 40:12) I hope you all celebrate her life with applesauce cookies and Hallmark movies! :) 

It was a crazy Saturday after getting the call to have to plan a baptism! Mateo Choque got baptized! His wife is close, but Mateo was ready and didnt want to wait for her. haha He even said that he wished that tithing was more because 10% just isnt enough. It was a beautiful time and we did nothing. He was ready. 

It was a crazy week and today we are going with all 16 hermanas in Tarija to see a waterfall! So that should be fun :) I hope you all have a wonderful week, remember how much you are loved, and please eat turkey because there isn't any here. haha 

I am grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here and to be helping people know this great news that we have in this gospel. I am grateful for the hot sun here in Tarija and for my companion Hermana Petroff. There is nowhere I would rather be than here in Tabladita! :) I am grateful for my family and that we can be together forever. 

I hope everyone can say a prayer of only gratitude this week! I love you all.

Love, Hermana Park

  

No comments:

Post a Comment